Cacti are succulent perennial tropical plants, they come in a wide range of shapes and sizes. Cacti are extremely drought resistant as they have many adaptations to conserve water. They are native to the majority of North and South America and make beautiful, exotic points of interest around your home.
These tropical Mixed Cacti Cactus seeds are very easy to grow with germination occurring in just a couple of weeks!
When to Sow Cacti Seeds
- Sow indoors all year round!
- Germination is fast, usually within 3-5 weeks!
How to Grow Cacti
- Fill your seed tray or pots with a mix of 50/50 compost and vermiculite or horticultural sand. Gently firm down the compost.
- Give the compost a light watering. Place a couple of cacti seeds in each cell on the surface of the compost. Then sprinkle a thin layer of the compost over the top.
- Cover the tray with a clear plastic zip-lock bag, or anything you can find around the house, that lets light in and creates a greenhouse-like atmosphere. Then place the tray in a very warm spot in your house, a warm windowsill would be ideal.
- Your seedlings should develop in just a few weeks, you can then remove the plastic bag. They will need watering when the compost becomes dry. The surface of the soil should be sprayed regularly as the surface should be kept moist at all times.
- Once your seedlings are big enough to handle you can now transfer them into individual pots, add some small gravel on the surface of the compost around the seedling to keep them in place and keep them in a warm spot with lots of sun.
Top Tip: When transplanting your seedlings you may need to use some tweezers to hold them in place so that you don’t plant them at an angle.
- Free shipping to UK addresses.
- Orders dispatched within 1-2 days.
- Seeds shipped in a padded envelope for protection.