Are you looking to add some sweet and fragrant flavour to your dishes? Look no further than our Organic Sweet Genovese Basil Herb Seeds.
Sweet Genovese Basil is a popular variety of basil known for its large, shiny, dark green leaves and sweet aroma. It is a cultivar of Ocimum basilicum, the most common species of basil used in cooking.
The leaves of Sweet Genovese Basil are typically larger than other varieties of basil, and they have a slightly thicker texture. The flavor is sweet, slightly spicy, and highly aromatic, with notes of anise, clove, and mint. It is often used in Italian cuisine, particularly in pesto sauce, as well as in salads, soups, and other dishes.
Our seeds are organic and certified by the Soil Association, these high-quality seeds will provide you with an abundance of fresh and tasty basil for all your culinary creations.
- Sweet and fragrant flavour perfect for culinary creations
- Can be grown both indoors and outdoors
- Quick growing – ready to harvest in just 50-75 days
- Each pack contains approximately 1550 seeds, providing excellent value for money
- Perfect for beginner and experienced gardeners alike
- Anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and antiviral properties
When to Sow Basil Seeds:
In the UK, basil seeds can be sown from February to June if you plan to grow them outdoors. For indoor growing, seeds can be sown throughout the year. For the best results, sow the basil seeds in a warm and well-lit area, ensuring they receive around six hours of sunlight a day.
How to Grow Basil from Seed:
- Prepare the soil: Whether you are growing indoors or outdoors, ensure the soil is well-draining and fertile. Adding organic matter such as compost or well-rotted manure can help to improve soil quality.
- Sow the seeds: Sow the basil seeds thinly, covering them lightly with soil. For outdoor growing, space seeds around 20cm apart. For indoor growing, plant seeds in small pots or trays, around 1cm deep.
- Water regularly: Keep the soil moist but not waterlogged. Basil does not like to be watered too much or too little, so be sure to water as needed.
- Provide adequate light: Basil requires around six hours of sunlight a day, so be sure to place them in a warm and well-lit area. Alternatively, you can use artificial lighting to supplement natural light.
- Thin-out seedlings: Once the seedlings have emerged and have grown their first set of true leaves, thin them out to ensure they have enough space to grow.
How to Care for Basil Plants:
- Water regularly: Basil requires regular watering to keep the soil moist but not waterlogged. Be sure to water the plants as needed, especially during hot and dry weather.
- Pinch off flowers: Pinch off any flower buds that appear as soon as you see them. This will encourage the plant to focus on leaf production rather than seed production, resulting in a healthier and more abundant harvest.
- Harvest regularly: Harvest basil leaves as needed, taking care not to remove too many leaves at once. This will encourage new growth and ensure a continuous supply of fresh basil throughout the growing season.
So why wait? Order your pack of Organic Sweet Genovese Basil Seeds today and enjoy the many benefits of growing your own fresh and tasty basil. With approximately 1550 basil seeds in each pack, you'll have plenty to harvest and enjoy throughout the year.