Are you looking for the best quality organic pepper seeds to grow your own sweet and tasty bell peppers? Look no further than SeednSow's Organic Bell Pepper Seeds.
Our seeds are sourced from the best Californian Wonder Pepper plants and are certified organic by the Soil Association. With each pack containing approximately 45 seeds, you can be sure to get a bountiful harvest of sweet and juicy bell peppers from your garden.
Benefits of Organic Bell Pepper Vegetable Seeds:
Sweet and delicious: The Californian Wonder Pepper plants produce sweet and tasty bell peppers that are perfect for cooking or eating fresh.
Versatile: These peppers can be used in a variety of dishes, from salads to stir-fries, adding colour, flavour, and nutrition to your meals.
Easy to grow: These seeds are easy to sow and grow, making them a great choice for beginners and experienced gardeners alike.
When to Sow Pepper Seeds:
Early crop: Sow from December to January in heated conditions (ideally in a greenhouse or on a windowsill) for an early crop that can be harvested in May or June.
Main crop: Sow from March to April in a greenhouse or on a windowsill for a main crop that can be harvested from July to October.
How to Grow Pepper from Seed:
- Start by sowing the seeds in pots filled with compost, ensuring the soil is moist but not waterlogged.
- Cover the pots with a plastic bag or lid to create a warm and humid environment for the seeds to germinate.
- Once the seeds have germinated, remove the cover and place the pots in a warm, bright location, ideally in a greenhouse or on a windowsill.
- Water the plants regularly, but avoid overwatering as this can cause the roots to rot.
- Once the seedlings have grown their first true leaves, transplant them into larger pots or into the ground in a sunny and sheltered location.
How to Care for Pepper Plants:
Optionally, feed the plants with a balanced fertiliser every two weeks during the growing season.
Pinch out the growing tips of the plants to encourage bushy growth and more peppers.
Remove any yellow or diseased leaves to prevent the spread of disease.
Protect the plants from frost by covering them with a frost fleece or bringing them indoors during cold weather.
Be sure to water the plants regularly, ensuring the soil is moist but not waterlogged.
Benefits of Peppers:
Nutritious: Bell peppers are a good source of vitamin C, vitamin A, and potassium, as well as other vitamins and minerals.
Versatile: Peppers can be used in a variety of dishes, from salads to stir-fries, adding colour, flavour, and nutrition to your meals.
Low in calories: Bell peppers are low in calories and can be a great addition to a healthy and balanced diet.
Easy to grow: Peppers are easy to grow and can be a great way to get started with vegetable gardening.