Are you looking for the freshest, healthiest, and most delicious spinach to add to your meals? Look no further than SeednSow's Organic Spinach Seeds. Our Palco Spinach seeds are certified as organically produced by the Soil Association.
Here are the benefits of our Organic Spinach Seeds:
- Resistant to four races of downy mildew, ensuring that your spinach crop will be healthy and bountiful.
- Large thick leaves that are perfect for adding to salads, sandwiches, smoothies, and more.
- Dark green foliage that is packed with vitamins and minerals, including vitamins A, C, and K, iron, calcium, and folate.
- Slow to bolt, meaning that your spinach will stay fresh and flavourful for longer.
Each pack of our Organic Spinach Vegetable Seeds contains approximately 400 seeds, enough to sow multiple crops throughout the year. Whether you are a seasoned gardener or a beginner, our spinach seeds are easy to grow and will yield delicious and nutritious spinach that you can enjoy all year round.
When to Sow Spinach Seeds:
Spinach can be sown in the UK in the Spring, Autumn and Winter. For best results, sow your seeds directly into the soil in a sunny or partially shaded area. If you are sowing your seeds in the Autumn or Winter, choose a sheltered location to protect your plants from frost and harsh weather conditions.
How to Grow Spinach from Seed:
- To grow spinach from seed, start by preparing the soil. Spinach prefers well-drained, fertile soil that is rich in organic matter. Add compost or well-rotted manure to your soil before sowing your seeds to provide your plants with the nutrients they need to thrive.
- Sow your spinach seeds thinly, approximately 1cm deep and 30cm apart.
- Water your seeds regularly to keep the soil moist, but not waterlogged.
- Once your seeds have germinated, thin them out to 10-15cm apart to give your plants enough space to grow.
How to Care for Spinach Plants:
Spinach is a low-maintenance crop that requires minimal care. Water your plants regularly, especially during dry spells, to keep the soil moist. Mulch around your plants to help retain moisture and suppress weeds.
Harvest your spinach leaves when they are approximately 5-7cm long, using a sharp pair of scissors or a knife to cut the leaves at the base. Regular harvesting will encourage your plants to produce more leaves and prevent them from bolting.
Health Benefits of Spinach:
Spinach is packed with vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants that are essential for good health. It is low in calories and high in fibre, making it an excellent choice for weight loss and digestive health. Spinach is also a good source of iron, which is important for maintaining healthy blood cells and preventing anemia.
Spinach Recipe Ideas
There are countless ways to enjoy fresh spinach! Here are a few recipe ideas to get you started:
- Add fresh spinach leaves to salads, sandwiches, wraps, and smoothies.
- Sautee spinach with garlic and olive oil for a quick and healthy side dish.
- Make spinach pesto by blending spinach leaves, garlic, pine nuts, parmesan cheese, and olive oil in a food processor.
- Add spinach to soups, stews, and curries for extra flavor and nutrition.
Order your Organic Spinach Vegetable Seeds today and start growing your own delicious and nutritious spinach!